19 January 2011

Wobbly legs

Reflecting on all the subjects I wanted to address in the New Year, I felt compelled to share a story from this year. Please indulge me on a quick look back at how most of our working years end, with a Christmas office party.
Just as I was leaving my company’s version of this festive routine I witnessed my favourite December late night London sight. This example happened to be carried out by a senior colleague. He was battling the gravitational pull of a Moorgate payment brought on by a dysfunctional inner ear and wobbly legs.
My colleague's wobbly legs weren’t the only ones I had seen in this season, but they were all the sweeter as I was close enough to hear him giving instructions to a mini cab to find him that was only in the next street.
Of course, it’s easy for me to say; I came through this year’s Christmas office party with my dignity intact. 
Unlike the video of me break dancing at my wedding that leaked into the work place. A dance move commonly known as the caterpillar that my wife has renamed the slug when I perform it.

No comments:

Post a Comment