18 January 2011

New Year's Resolution.

At the risk of boring you, I just wanted to take a moment to talk about my New Years resolutions.

While I can list scores of ways I could enrich my own life by doing things better, faster, cheaper, more often, even less often and not at all; I’m settling for two I can measure and take simple steps to address. The logic of my approach is this year is simple, incremental changes are more sustainable than big bang breakthroughs, and if it can’t be measured by outcomes (not just activity) it doesn’t get done.

So this blog represents resolution number one – blog regularly.

I enjoy the process of writing blogs, I enjoy the feedback I get back and gives me an excuse to shut myself away with a small libation and some soft music. The observant among will have noticed there has been a pause between this blog and the last piece of drivel. The pause was largely caused by circumstance:

August we moved house, September we settled the kids into new schools and got married, October was endless decorating, November I celebrated mine and 2 close friends 40th birthdays and December is, was December does.

Resolution two in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment