20 January 2011

Resolution Two.


I share resolution number 2 with a number of colleagues and long suffering fellow commuters, read more fiction.

I am a ferocious consumer of white papers, especially on emerging areas such as business change, marketing, branding d social media. Some of these, while engaging, could clearly be put into the fiction category.

A lawyer colleague sent me a slide deck a consultant had put together for their team on social media. Full of generalisations and characters it essentially summed social media up as mean and risky, completely ignoring the commercial and social benefits of the channel. I accept the author had shaped the document for his audience; it was hardly balanced or especially insightful.

So to balance my frustration with some of the drivel peddled by those claiming to be thought leaders and solution providers, I’m going to spend the last few moments of being awake each day reading the same page 4 times just before gravity wins the fight with eyelids to stay open.

No comments:

Post a Comment