21 April 2011

Back to work




I am pleased to say that I am back to wok after paternity leave, and finally back on top things. Rosie was born on 1st March and in a very short time has put the whole family into orbit around her and created more love than I ever thought was possible.



Within 30 minutes of being back at my desk, I had a call from my boss at the airport informing me I was being “offloaded” in order that he could expand his team. Predictably, with hindsight, my most successful projects have been redistributed and I been provided the opportunity to do lots of exciting new things.

Actually, just between you and I, I’m quite excited about re energising my marketing neural pathway that has been neglected over the past few years, in particular the links to my branding sweet spot. Wherever that may have been archived.

I have been a little old fashioned about my view on branding in B2B marketing for too long; holding on to the view that its role is primarily for generating and nurturing sales opportunities in the form of leads. However, the digital aspects of branding that have exploded more recently have helped me do 180 degrees on this, and the new challenge is about how we aggregate individual’s brands into a common corporate identity with a consistent and engaging tone of voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment