26 June 2010

By way of introduction...

It strikes me that the most sensible way to start my blog is share with you an idea of who I and what it’s all about.

I work for one of the top 20 fund manager’s in the world in a world class customer experience and innovation team. I’m not going to claim to be an expert on either of these parts of my job role, and I won’t be providing any financial advice. In fact, the day anyone turns to me for any guidance on making investments, something has gone very wrong.

However, I have led teams in marketing, sales and customer service over the past 20 years and continue to be a student of these disciplines. I am confident I have enough to discuss about most customer facing issues that affect most organisation types.

My experience is based on working in Business to Business (B2B) roles in a FTSE 100 Plc telco, a Dow Jones 30 MNC, small businesses, the public sector, and for my sins, consultancy. Most importantly, like you, everyday I am a consumer and a tax payer.

I will cover most challenges we face as customer professionals, regardless of our discipline and some personal experiences too. I enjoy reflecting on the challenges of management and organisational behaviour related to customers, and you’ll find I have a quite a bit to say about this.

I don’t claim to have all the answers, but I think I have a useful take on some the most important issues we face in a world of ever changing customer expectations and technology.

I welcome your feedback. Please keep it clean, profesional, on message and avoid being abusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment